Vegetable rava idli is an interesting and unique way of preparing the instant idli recipe with rava and vegetables and steamed as in idli procedure.
Alle Belle (Goan Coconut & Jaggery Pancakes)Course: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
250 gms. Maida
2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
Salt to taste
Water as required for the batter
Oil/Ghee/Butter for coating the pan for each pancake
- Procedure for the Pancake Batter:
- In a sufficiently large bowl, sift the maida along with salt.
- Add the beaten eggs & water to prepare a sufficiently thin batter. The batter should be of dropping consistency like dosa batter which can spread easily.
- You may even use a smaller or even a larger pan; depending on the size of the pancake you would like to prepare.
- Heat a med. Size frying pan till hot & add/brush just enough oil to coat the pan. Do not add too much oil.
- Pour a ladle of the batter & immediately roll the pan along with the batter.
- Make sure it coats the pan evenly & sufficiently thick.
- If the coat is too thin then the pancake will break. The batter should hold well.
- Cook only on one side for about a minute or try & lift with a spatula. If it tends to lift easily then it is done.
- Overturn the pan to flip the pancake on to the plate.
- Prepare all the pancakes with the batter in this way.
- For the Filling:
- Mix together the below mentioned ingredients & keep aside to fill the pancakes.
- Big fresh coconut (scraped)
- Goan pyramid palm jaggery or to taste (grated or broken into fine pieces)
- Pods green cardamom (powdered)
- Assembling the Alle Belle with the Filling:
- Place a pancake on a plate.
- Place sufficient coconut – jaggery filling in the centre & fold both the sides inward so that it overlaps; making sure that the filling is well covered or roll like a swiss roll.
- Fill all pancakes in this way & place gently on a serving platter.
- Serve at tea time & enjoy!