Alu gobi paratha is basically, an Indian flat bread recipe stuffed with a unique combination of potatoes and cauliflower within the paratha.
Aloo Gobi ParathaCourse: Snacks, BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
2 tsp oil
½ tsp ginger paste
2 cup gobi / cauliflower, grated
¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
½ tsp garam masala
¾ tsp dry mango powder / aamchur
¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
¼ tsp caraway seeds / ajwain
½ tsp salt
3 potato / aloo, boiled & mashed
2 tsp coriander, finely chopped
6 ball sized wheat dough
oil for roasting
- Firstly, in a large kadai heat 2 tsp oil and ½ tsp ginger paste.
- Also add 2 cup grated gobi and saute for 5 minutes or till moisture is released completely.
- Now add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ¾ tsp aamchur, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp ajwain and ½ tsp salt.
- Saute on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
- Further, add 3 boiled and mashed potato. Mix well making sure spices are coated well with potato.
- Additionally, add 2 tsp coriander and mix well. Aloo gobi stuffing is ready. Keep aside.
- Pinch a ball sized wheat dough and dust with some wheat flour.
- Further, roll it in a circle and place 2 tbsp aloo gobi stuffing in the centre.
- Take the edge and start pleating bringing to centre. Secure tight.
- Sprinkle some wheat flour and roll slightly thick.
- On a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook both sides adding oil.
- Finally, serve hot aloo gobi paratha with sauce, raita or pickle.
- Firstly, grate the gobi well, else it will be difficult to roll paratha.
Also, add vegetables of your choice to make paratha more nutritious.
Additionally, add finely chopped onions to the stuffing to enhance the flavor.
Aloo gobi paratha tastes great when roasted with ghee.