Aloo paratha is one of the most popular breakfast dishes throughout western, central and northern regions of India.
Aloo ParathaCourse: Snacks, BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
2 cup wheat flour / atta
2 tsp oil
½ tsp salt
1 cup water, to knead
For Aloo Stuffing:
2 potato / aloo, boiled & mashed
1 chilli, finely chopped
½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
¼ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
¼ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
½ tsp ginger paste
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
¼ tsp salt
½ cup wheat flour/atta, to dust
7 tsp oil
- Firstly, knead wheat dough by taking 2 cup wheat flour, 2 tsp oil, ½ tsp salt and 1 cup water.
- Further, in a large mixing bowl take 2 boiled and mashed potato.
- Add 1 chilli, ½ tsp crushed coriander seeds, ¼ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp aamchur, ¼ tsp ajwain, ½ tsp ginger paste, 2 tbsp coriander and ¼ tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure all the spices are combined well.
- Pinch a ball sized wheat dough and dust with some wheat flour.
- Further, roll it in a circle of about 5 to 5.5 inches in diameter.
- Stuff the stuffing and roll slightly thick.
- Cook the paratha to golden brown adding oil/ghee.
- Finally, serve hot aloo paratha with butter, sauce, raita or pickle.
- Firstly, make sure to knead a smooth and soft dough, else it will be difficult to roll.
Also, add finely chopped onions to the stuffing to enhance the flavor.
Additionally, grate boiled potato to avoid any chunks of potato coming out while rolling
Finally, aloo paratha recipe tastes great when roasted with ghee.