Beetroot paratha is a healthy and nutrient red-colored flatbread recipe made with beetroot purée. It is an ideal morning breakfast recipe that can also be used for afternoon lunch and night dinner. It is generally eaten and served with pickle and raita, but can be served with any choice of dry or gravy based curries.
Beetroot ParathaCourse: Veg BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
For Beetroot Paste:
2 tsp oil
½ tsp ginger paste
1 chili, slit
1½ cup beetroot, grated
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp water
2 cup wheat flour / atta
½ tsp jeera / cumin
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
½ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
1 tsp oil
- In a large bowl, take 2 cup wheat flour, ½ tsp jeera, ½ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp aamchur, ½ tsp ajwain and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix well, making sure all the spices are combined well.
- Mix prepared beetroot paste, 2 tbsp coriander and 1 tsp oil.
- Knead the dough well adding water, if required.
- Knead to smooth and soft dough.
- Now grease 1 tsp oil on dough, and rest the dough for 15 minutes.
- Further, take a ball sized dough, roll and flatten it.
- Use wheat flour while flattening the dough.
- Roll the dough in a thin circle like chapati or paratha.
- Now on a hot tawa place the rolled chapati or paratha and cook for a minute.
- After the base of chapati or paratha is partly cooked, flip the beetroot paratha.
- Spread ½ tsp oil / ghee while cooking the paratha and press slightly both the sides of paratha.
- Flip again once or twice till both the sides are cooked properly.
- Finally, serve beetroot paratha with raita and pickle.