Cabbage paratha is an easy and healthy stuffed bread recipe made with spiced cabbage stuffing. It is an ideal lunch box or tiffin box recipe which can be served as it is without any side dish like curry or sabji. The recipe is made very similar to any other paratha were stuffing is stuffed inside wheat flour dough with spiced cabbage masala.
Cabbage ParathaCourse: Snacks, BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
2 tsp oil
½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
¼ tsp ajwain
3 cup cabbage, finely chopped
½ tsp ginger paste
½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tsp cumin powder
¼ tsp garam masala
½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
2½ cup wheat flour / atta
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
water for kneading
- Firstly, to prepare stuffing heat 2 tsp oil and saute ½ tsp coriander seeds and ¼ tsp ajwain until they turn aromatic.
- Now add 3 cup cabbage and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ tsp ginger paste, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp aamchur and ½ tsp salt.
- Stir fry until cabbage is cooked well.
- Now add 2 tbsp coriander and mix well. Stuffing is ready.
- To prepare the dough, in a large bowl take 2½ cup wheat flour, ½ tsp salt and 2 tbsp oil. Mix well.
- Now add 1 cup water and knead a dough.
- Knead to a smooth and soft dough adding water as required.
- Now grease 1 tsp oil, cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- Firstly, pinch a ball sized wheat dough and dust with some wheat flour.
- Further, roll it in a circle of about 5 to 5.5 inches in diameter.
- Place a ball sized prepared cabbage stuffing in the centre.
- Take the edge and start pleating bringing to the centre.
- Also, join the pleats together and secure tight pinching off excess dough.
- Sprinkle some wheat flour and roll slightly thick.
- On a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute.
- Furthermore, flip the paratha when the base is partly cooked (after a minute).
- Also, brush oil / ghee and press slightly. Flip again once or twice till both the sides are cooked properly.
- Finally, serve hot cabbage paratha with sauce, raita or pickle.
- Firstly, add onions to the stuffing if you prefer.
Also, you can knead the dough adding the prepared cabbage stuffing instead of stuffing inside.
Additionally, roast on medium flame to cook uniformly.
Finally, cabbage paratha recipe tastes great when served hot.