Chana chaat, perhaps one of the easiest yet tasty chaat recipes that can be prepared in minutes. Typically, it is served as an evening snack with lip-smacking chaat spices and chutney, but can also be served as a healthy salad. The recipe can also be easily extended by adding sprouts along with aloo to prepare a healthy aloo chana chaat recipe.
Chana ChaatCourse: Veg, SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
2 cup chana / chole / chickpea, soaked & boiled
½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
1 tsp green chutney / hari chutney
½ tsp chaat masala
2 tbsp tamarind chutney / imli chutney
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
3 tbsp potato / aloo, boiled & cubed
2 tbsp cucumber, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp sev, fine
1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 2 cup soaked and boiled chana. I have soaked chana for 8 hours and pressure cooked for 4 whistles.
- Further add ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp green chutney, 2 tbsp tamarind chutney and ¼ tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure everything is combined well.
- Also add in 2 tbsp onion, 2 tbsp tomato, 3 tbsp potato, 2 tbsp cucumber and 1 green chilli.
- Combine well and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Just before serving, top with 2 tbsp sev and 1 tbsp coriander leaves.
- Finally, serve chana chaat / chole chaat with a cup of hot chai.
- This recipe can also be easily extended by adding sprouts along with aloo to prepare healthy aloo chana chaat recipe.