Chinese Hot and Sour Soup is a spicy, tangy accompaniment for all your meals. Suit it to your taste and eat it when its piping hot! This simple homemade soup is easy to make and can be made with chicken or sea food too.
Chinese Hot and Sour SoupCourse: Non VegCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
2 tbsp Sesame oil
2 tbsp Onion Finely chopped
1 tsp Ginger Finely chopped
1 tsp Garlic Finely chopped
2 tbsp Corn Kernels
2 tbsp Carrot Finely chopped
2 tbsp Beet root Finely chopped
2 tbsp Capsicum Finely chopped
2 tbsp Mushroom Chopped
2 cups Vegetable stock
2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
2 tsp Rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp Red chilli sauce
1 and 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch Dissolved in some water
1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
Spring onion greens for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add onion, ginger and garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add corn, carrot, beet, capsicum and mushroom and cook for another minute on high flame.
- Add vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and add soy sauce, red chilli sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- Add cornstarch with water along with black pepper powder and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook until it thickens.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve piping hot.