Cocktail samosa is a deep fried snack with vegetable stuffing in a samosa sheets shaped to triangle or cone. Basically cocktail samosa is an ideal party snack which can be served as starter or even as appetizer and certainly loved by all gender groups and particularly by kids.
Cocktail Samosa (Party Samosa)Course: Snacks, Veg, BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
For samosa patti sheets:
½ cup maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour
½ cup wheat flour / atta
salt to taste
½ tsp sugar
2 tbsp oil, hot
water, as required to knead
For samosa stuffing:
2 tsp oil
½ tsp coriander seeds / dhaniya seeds, crushed
1 onion, roughly chopped
½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 green chilli, finely chopped
¼ cup peas / matar
½ tsp kashmiri chilli powder / lal mirch powder
½ tsp aamchur powder / dry mango powder
salt to taste
2 medium sized potatoes, boiled & peeled
¼ tsp garam masala
2 tsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
oil for deep frying
2 tbsp maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour
4 tbsp water
- Party samosa stuffing recipe:
- Heat oil and saute crushed coriander seeds.
- Further add onions and ginger garlic paste and chili. Saute well.
- Also add peas and saute.
- Additionally, add spices and salt.
- Furthermore, add boiled potatoes and mix well.
- Also add garam masala and coriander leaves. Good mix.
- Samosa sheets recipe:
- Firstly, take maida, wheat flour, sugar and salt.
- Add hot oil over the flour and crumble well.
- Furthermore, knead to smooth dough and rest.
- Start to roll with a rolling pin as thinly as possible.
- Furthermore, cut the sides and get to a perfect rectangle shape.
- Put the sheet on hot tawa and roast both sides.
- Samosa folding recipe:
- Firstly, start folding the samosa sheet into triangle and stuff the stuffing.
- Seal with maida paste.
- Finally, deep fry to golden brown.