Butter Soya Chuck Curry, a very delicious and nutritious vegetarian dish. This dish is perfect with Chapati, roti, Paratha, naan or rice. Soya chunks also known as Nutrela chunks come in different brands and soya chunk sizes. Soya chucks are very high in Protein and a perfect option for all those vegetarians that lack the daily protein intake.
Soya Butter Masala/Soya MakhaniCourse: Main Course, Veg, Veg BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 cup Soya granules
3 tbsp butter/oil
1 tsp jeera
2 green cardamom
1 cinnamon stick
4-5 garlic pods
a piece of ginger
2 onions roughly chopped
3-4 tomatoes chopped
A bay leaf
1 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp kasoori methi/dry fenugreek leaves
3-4 tbsp fresh cream
- Boil water, add a little salt, and Soya chunks. After the first boil starts, take the vessel from the fire, close the lid and keep it aside.
- To make the gravy, take some oil in the pressure cooker and fry all the spices – jeera, cloves, eliche, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, onion chopped, tomato, caju nuts, salt, add little water and boil it for about 3 – 4 whistles. OR fry all the spices in a frying pan for 10 – 15 minutes. Mix all the mixture to a fine paste.
- Now take oil in a frying pan, fry bay leaf, turmeric & chili powder, add the mixed paste, stir.
- To this add corriender powder, garam masala, Kasuri methi and mix well.
- Now, squeeze the cocked Soya chunks and add it to the gravy. Mix well and add water as required to get the desired thickness to the gravy.
- Heat the mixture for about 2-3 minutes and then add little fresh cream and continue heating for about 1 minute.
- Add coriander leaves and mix and remove from heat. Check for salt.