Egg Bhurji is a spicy and flavorful scrambled eggs recipe that is quite famous in the streets of Northern and Western India. It is easy to make, healthy and tastes delicious.
Egg BhurjiCourse: Non Veg, Non Veg Breakfast, Non Veg StarterCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Onion Chopped
2 tsp Green Chilies Chopped
1 tsp Ginger Grated
1 tsp Garlic Chopped
1/2 cup Tomatoes Chopped
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Chopped
- Heat vegetable oil and butter in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add onion and saute until onions turn translucent.
- Add green chilies, ginger and garlic and fry until onion is slightly browned.
- Now, add tomato and cook for another minute.
- Next, add coriander powder, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala and red chilli powder and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs with salt and add them in the pan.
- Keep stirring the eggs on low heat until they get mixed with masala and gets cooked.
- You can decide the consistency of bhurji you like.
- If you like soft bhurji, cook the eggs just until set. Remember that they will keep cooking for some time from the heat in the pan.
- If you like perfectly cooked bhurji, then cook until eggs are nicely cooked.
- Add lemon juice and coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot with Pav or Bread.
- Always add coriander leaves at the end because coriander leaves taste different when added in the middle of the process of cooking versus when it is added at the end. To retain the fresh flavor of the coriander leaves in your meal, prefer adding them at the end.
Always break the egg in a small bowl first and then add it to the bigger one. This is because if you will break all eggs in one big bowl and by any chance one of your egg turns out to be a bad one, then your entire bowl of eggs will get spoil.
Also, whisking the eggs separately in the bowl before adding in the pan makes sure the eggs scramble perfectly.
You can cook the egg bhurji to the consistency you like. Well-cooked is better.