Foxtail Millet Rice Dosa is a very healthy food and very low in calories, plus it’s so delicious that you can never have enough of it. This is another staple that has been in India for centuries but under different names. This dosa gives you the best of both worlds, and is sure to become your new favorite dish. Prepared using just a few ingredients, this recipe will give you a run for your money. It’s the perfect breakfast because it’s light, filling and healthy.
Foxtail Millet Rice DosaCourse: Main Course, VegCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 cup foxtail millet Thinai rice
1/4 cup udad dal
2 tbsp poha
1/2 tsp methi seeds
salt as needed
sugar ½ tsp
oil or ghee for making dosas
- Wash the millets rice several times, clean it , and soak in clean water for 4 hours .
- Wash and soak udad dal and methi seeds for 4 hours
- Wash the poha few times and keep soaked in little water .
- Grind the udad dal, methi seeds till a soft foamy batter, add the miilets and poha , continue to grind till thick, smooth batter .
- Allow batter to ferment overnight. Next day morning add salt and sugar, as required for your taste.
- Prepare dosas just like usual on a hot greased tava, using ghee or oil .
- Serve hot crispy dosa with coconut or peanut chutney.