French toast with an egg is a delicious and easy egg breakfast recipe made with bread. French toast is a popular classic breakfast that can also be served as a snack. To make a good french toast, the kind of bread used matters the most. Thick bread slices that have less large pores and is at least a day old is best suited to make a french toast. Otherwise, the toast turns soggy and egg that enters the pores doesn’t get cooked well.
French ToastCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
100 ml Milk
3 Teaspoon Sugar
4 Slices of Bread
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
A Few Drops of vanilla essence
2 Teaspoons Ghee or Butter
- Beat the egg in a bowl till frothy.
- Put in sugar, salt, vanilla essence, milk and beat the mixture till sugar dissolves.
- Soak slices of bread in the above mixture for just one minute.
- Heat non-stick tava over low flame and butter it slightly. Fry the slices of bread on the tava, both sides, till brown.
- Serve hot with honey or pancake syrup.