Garlic Tomato Chutney is a simple, spicy and quick chutney recipe that is packed with flavors and goes well as a side dish with idli and dosas. This red chutney is apt to pack for office or school as it stays good all day long and does not spoil easily and it’s also suitable to pack while traveling long distances.
Garlic Tomato ChutneyCourse: Main CourseCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
300 grams Tomatoes, finely chopped
6 cloves Garlic
2 Green Chilies
1 teaspoon Red chilli powder, to taste
Salt, to taste
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Get all the prep work done like chopping tomatoes and peeling garlic. Bring all the ingredients in one place.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Add the garlic and roast for a few minutes until you notice the roasted aroma coming through.
- Once the garlic is well roasted, add the tomatoes and saute the tomatoes on low to medium heat until the tomatoes become very soft, mushy and also most of the water is evaporated. You will have thick tomato chutney like mixture,
- Once you have the above consistency of the tomatoes, add the red chili powder and salt. Check the taste to ensure it suits your palate.
- Once done, using a hand blender – pulse the garlic tomato chutney to make a semi smooth chutney.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve the tomato garlic chutney as a spread over breads, along with parathas.