The fried Goan squids are simply the best to complement a glass of chilled beer. Squids are among the most consumed seafood in Goa and this snack will tell you why. The soft and spongy squids are fried to provide it with the crisp and crunchy taste. The medley of spices and vegetables added to it to provide it with the taste that will get you going over the Goan food.
Goan Squid FryCourse: Main Course, Snacks, Non VegCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Squids (cleaned and cut into rings)– 400g
Onions (sliced) – 1
Capsicum (sliced) – 1
Tomato (sliced) – 1
Green Chilies – 2
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon Garlic (finely chopped) – 6 cloves Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 inch
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp.
Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
Red chilli paste – 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves 2 spring Oil
2tbsp salt 2tsp
- Marinate the squid with turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder , ginger garlic paste , salt and lemon juice
- Add oil in a pan and fry the squids for 5-8 min
- Add oil in another pan and saute chopped garlic, ginger, sliced onion ,capsicum and tomatoes in high heat for 8 min
- Add fried squid along with the water if it’s there
- Add chilli paste and salt and fry for another 8 min
- Finally add garam masala and curry leaves
- Serve hot with Goan flat bread or steaming hot rice and fish curry.