Green chili sauce is a flavored spicy and hot condiment recipe made with fresh green chilies. It is an ideal dip with any deep-fried snacks or perhaps can also be used as a spread for most of the sandwich recipes. This spicy and hot condiment is not for everyone and can only be served to those with strong and spicy appetite.
Green Chili SauceCourse: Veg, Veg BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
20 (300 grams) chilli
1 tbsp oil
4 clove garlic
1 tsp salt
¼ cup water
½ cup vinegar
2 tbsp oil
pinch hing / asafoetida
¼ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp coriander powder
1 tsp sugar
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and saute 4 clove garlic and 2-inch ginger until it turns golden brown.
- Now add sliced chilli, 1 tsp salt and saute for 5 minutes.
- Further, add ¼ cup water and mix well.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes or until chilli soften completely.
- Cool completely and transfer to the blender.
- Add ½ cup vinegar. Vinegar helps to improve the shelf life acting as a preservative.
- Blend to smooth paste.
- Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add pinch hing.
- Add in prepared chilli paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Further add ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp coriander powder and 1 tsp sugar. Mix well.
- Cool the chilli sauce completely and enjoy for 3 months when refrigerated.