Hot & Sour vegetable soup is an Indian Chinese soup. Best enjoyed in rainy and winter season.
Hot & Sour Vegetable SoupCourse: Appetizers, SoupsCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Button Mushrooms (chopped) – 2 – 3
Cabbage (shredded) – 1/2 cup
Carrots (grated) – 1/2 cup
French beans – 4 to 6
Bell pepper of any colour (finely diced) – 1/4 cup
Onion (chopped) – 1 small
Spring onion greens – 1.5 tbsp
Ginger chopped – 3/4 tsp
Garlic chopped – 1.5 tsp
Soya sauce – 1 1/2 tbsp
Red chili sauce – 1/2 tsp
Green chili sauce – 3/4 tsp
Chilly Vinegar – 2 tsp
Tomato ketchup – 1 tsp (optional)
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Vegetable stock / water – 700 ml
Corn flour – 2 tbsp (make paste by adding little water)
Oil – 2 to 3 tsp
Butter – 1 tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
- Heat oil a saucepan or cooking pan.
- Add ginger and garlic, stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add butter and add onion.
- Stir fry till onion turns translucent.
- Add cabbage and stir fry for a min.
- Add carrots and french beans, stir fry for a min.
- Add mushrooms and bel pepper, stir fry till mushrooms get slightly cooked.
- Keep it covered for 2 min.
- Add pepper powder, all the sauces and salt to taste.
- Mix well and add stock/water.
- Once it starts boiling, simmer for 5 min.
- Add corn flour paste and stir well.
- Put off the flame and add chilly vinegar.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot.