This famous Indian snack in the shape of small, round balls has a pastry like hard outer covering and is stuffed with a spicy filling. It is deep-fried in oil that gives it a beautiful golden colour. It tastes best when served hot.
Kachori – Spicy & HotCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
500 gm Tuver (Pigeon pea/ Kabutar Vatane)
1 tbsp Ginger-Chili paste
Salt to taste
Pinch of Cumin seeds
Pinch of Asafetida
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Lemon juice
½ tbsp Coriander leaves (chopped)
1 tbsp oil
300 gm All Purpose flour (maida)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Ghee
Water according to requirement
4-5 drop oil
Oil for frying
- Method for Dough
- Sieve flour and add salt, ghee in it.
- Mix and add water to make dough.
- Dough should be not more soft and hard.
- Add oil and knead very well.
- Keep a side.
- Method for Stuffing
- Crush tuver in a chili cutter.
- Heat oil in a pan at slow flame.
- Add cumin seeds in it.
- When it is spluttering, add asafetida and turmeric powder.
- Also mix tuver, ginger chili paste and salt.
- Cover lid and cook till it becomes soft.
- Remove lid and mix garam masala and lemon juice.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and add coriander leaves in it.
- Methods for Kachori
- Make medium balls from dough and roll out like small puri.
- Feel stuffing in puri.
- Cover it like potli or round shape.
- If you make potli, seal all edge properly.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium flame.
- Deep fry kachori till golden brown appearance.
- Serve with Green Chutney and sweet chutney.