Kanyachi Bhakri is a Goan homemade breakfast. It is a flatbread made of coarse rice flour, onion and scrapped coconut. It has a thickness like uttappam. It is best enjoyed with a cup of coffee.
Kanyachi BhakriCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: indianDifficulty: Medium
Onion (chopped) – 4 to 5 medium
Rice flour – 3 cups
Scrapped coconut – 1 cup or as per your requirement
Green chilies (chopped) – 3 to 4
Coriander leaves (chopped) – handful
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
Salt to taste
Water – 3 cups and a bowl for dipping fingers
Vanaspati ghee for frying
- Take a mixing bowl and combine ingredients from onion to salt as mentioned in ingredients and mix well. Slowly add water and make a semi solid dough. Rest it for 10 min.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portion.
- Heat a skillet and grease it with a teaspoon of ghee.
- Take a bowl of water and dip your fingers in it. Now, take one portion of dough and place it on the skillet and press it gently giving it round shape. Make use of water for pressing it conveniently. Don’t make it thin, it must have thickness.
- Pour ghee around the edges and fry it on low flame.
- Turnover and again pour ghee around the edges and fry.
- Repeat the procedure for remaining portions.
- Serve hot. Accompaniments are not necessary, but you may top it up with butter and pickle or dry garlic chutney.
- Here you can add more information about this recipe, special notes or links to relevant products and ingredients.