Kesar Murgh is a royal Mughlai dish that has the soothing flavor of chicken, spices, fresh cream and saffron and severed with any Indian flatbread.
Kesar Murgh (Chicken in Saffron Curry)Cuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
750 g Chicken
2 tsp Lemon juice
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
2 tbsp Ghee
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
2 Black cardamom
1 cup Golden fried onion Crushed
2 cups Curd Whisked
2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 cup Milk
Salt to taste
1/2 cup Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
2 pinch Saffron – 2 pinch Soaked in 3 tbsp milk
- Add chicken, lemon juice, salt and ginger garlic paste in a bowl.
- Keep aside for an hour.
- Heat ghee and vegetable oil in a pan.
- Once the ghee is hot, add cloves and black cardamom.
- Add crushed golden fried onions and marinated chicken along with the marinade.
- Cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add curd and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, milk and salt to taste
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked.
- Add cream and cook for another minute.
- Add saffron soaked in milk and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with naan