Kurbataache Humaan (Mix Small Fish Curry)Course: SeafoodCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Fish (mixed small fishes 400 gms)
Onion 1 (medium)
Turmeric Powder ½ tsp
Chili Powder ½ tsp
Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
Coconut, freshly scraped 2 cups
Tamarind, one small lemon size ball
- Wash, clean and cut fish.
- marinate with little salt and turmeric powder and keep aside.
- soak tamarind in little water.
- slice the onion.
- grind the freshly scrapped coconut with turmeric and chilli powder.
- heat oil in a pan and add onions. sauté for a while and once it is slightly brown, hing (Asafoetida).
- add coconut paste and strained tamarind juice.
- when it boils, add fish pieces and cover and cook till done.
- Add salt to taste and serve with steamed rice.
- Best is to grind coconut to a smooth paste and add to the gravy. If not, ready-made coconut milk is okay.
Adjust the spices and salt according to your spice level and taste required.