Lauki Ka Bharta uses grated bottle gourd/lauki cooked with onion, tomato and variety of spices. It has a unique flavor as compared to the normal lauki curry. Bottle gourd is very healthy and reduces cholesterol. This bharta generally served with phulka/roti and mango pickle.
Lauki Ka Bharta (Bottle Gourd Bharta)Course: Main Course, Veg, Veg BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 Gourd grated
1 medium size Onion, finely chopped
2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 green Chili, finely chopped
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 dry red Chilli
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp red Chili powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in pan on medium heat
- Once the oil is hot, add dry red chili, cumin and asafoetida and fry till cumin crackles.
- After this add ginger-garlic paste and onion and fry it for 1 – 2 minutes till onion is well cooked and turn translucent
- Add tomatoes and fry for 1 – 2 minutes till the oil if left out
- Now mix garam masala, turmeric, salt and red chili powder in it. Mis them well by stirring.
- After this, add grated gourd and mix well and cook for 2 – 3 minutes
- Turn off the heat and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot roti and mango pickle.