Mix Veg Paratha is a unique and healthy stuffed flatbread made with mixed vegetables, paneer, and wheat flour. It is a filling paratha recipe and has flavors of all vegetables, making it an ideal lunch box recipe. It can be eaten as it is without any side dish but tastes great with pickle or raita.
Mix Veg ParathaCourse: Snacks, BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
2½ cup wheat flour / atta
½ tsp salt
3 tsp oil
water to knead
For Pressure Cooking:
2 potatoes, peel & cube
1 carrot, chopped
20 florets gobi / cauliflower
15 beans, chopped
½ cup peas / matar
½ tsp salt
2 tsp oil
½ tsp ginger paste
2 chilli, finely chopped
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
¼ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
pinch hing / asafoetida
1 cup paneer / cottage cheese, grated
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
wheat flour / atta, for dusting
oil, for roasting
- Firstly, pinch a ball sized wheat dough and dust with some wheat flour.
- Further, roll it in a circle of about 5 to 5.5 inches in diameter.
- Place a ball sized prepared mix veg stuffing in the centre.
- Take the edge and start pleating bringing to the centre.
- Also join the pleats together and secure tight pinching off excess dough.
- Sprinkle some wheat flour and roll slightly thick.
- On a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and roast both sides with oil.
- Finally, serve hot mix vegetable paratha with sauce, raita or pickle
- Firstly, add vegetables of your choice to make paratha more nutritious.
Also, make sure to drain off the water completely once vegetables cooked, else you will end up watery stuffing.
Additionally, add finely chopped onions and garlic to the stuffing to enhance the flavor.
Finally, mix vegetable paratha recipe tastes great when roasted with ghee.