Mushroom pulav recipes are easy and instant dishes for lunchboxes and even for breakfast.
Mushroom PulaoCourse: Main CourseCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 cup basmati rice or any rice
½ capsicum, cubed
10 mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp oil
½ cup peas, fresh / frozen
5 black peppers
1 tbsp cumin seed / jeera
2 cardamom / elaichi
1 mace blades / javitri
1 bay leaf / tej pata
3-4 cloves / lavang
1 tbsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves
1 green chilli
salt to taste
- Soak rice in water for 30 mins
- Add mushrooms to boiling water and cook them for 15 mins.
- All the mushrooms should be immersed and keep it for 15 mins.
- Add oil and add black peppers, cumin seed, crushed cardamom, mace blades, bay leaf and cloves.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute until they change color.
- Now add ginger-garlic-chilli paste and saute it for a minute.
- Now add strained mushrooms and toss it few times.
- Keep stirring till mushrooms becomes translucent.
- Now add strained rice and toss it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add garam masala, chilli powder and turmeric powder. Give a gentle mix.
- Now add peas capsicum. Fry it for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Add salt as per your taste and give a mix. Increase the flame to medium and close with a lid.
- Cook it for about 15 minutes on low flame.
- Now add some pepper powder if you prefer to have it spicy.
- Your mushroom pulao is ready with salad or raita.
- You can also add coconut milk or yogurt to have change in the taste.
In addition, add chilies are per your spice preference.
You can also use ½ cup of coconut milk which gives a nice flavor but adjust water level accordingly.
Furthermore, use 1:2 cups of rice: water ratio to make slightly moist.
Finally, always presoak basmati rice for 15-20 mins and use.