Crispy Onion Pakoda / Pakora is basically a fried snack or deep-fried onion fritters prepared with chickpea and rice flour coating with other spices. Pakora recipe is a common snack recipe prepared across all states of India.
Crispy Onion PakodaCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
5 big Onions, cut lengthwise
2 green Chilies, finely cut
8 – 10 Curry leaves, chopped
4 – 6 Mint leaves, chopped
1 ½ tsp Salt or to taste
½ cup Chana dal flour
½ cup Rice flour
Few Cashew nuts, chopped
½ tspn Fennel seeds
½ tspn Coriander powder
1/4th tspn red Chilli powder
Pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
1 Tbsp oil, for mixing with pakora mix
Oil for frying pakora
- Cut onions lengthwise, and keep aside
- Mix chana dal and rice flours. Add this mixed flours to cut onions.
- To this add cut chilies, curry leaves, mint, cashew nuts, fennel, coriander powder, hing and salt and mix well
- Add chilli powder, oil to the mixture and mix thoroughly. Keep aside for some time till onion leaves water.
- Now heat the oil in the pan for frying pakoras.
- Mix the pakora mix well and loosely spread the pakora mix in the hot oil contained in pan for frying.
- Fry pakora well on all side. Remove from oil and serve the onion pakoras with green chantey.