Onion uttapam is a popular south indian breakfast recipe prepared from dosa batter.
Onion UttapamCourse: AppetizersCuisine: indianDifficulty: Medium
For Onion Toppings:
2 large onion
7-9 springs coriander leaves
½ inch ginger, optional
2 green chilies, optional
20 curry leaves
salt to taste
Dosa batter (see dosa batter recipe)
- Firstly, in a large bowl take 2 onions, 2 chilli, 1-inch ginger, few curry leaves, 2 tbsp coriander and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- Also, heat the griddle and pour a ladleful of dosa batter.
- Spread out in a circular motion slightly thick than regular masala dosa.
- Now spread the toppings on top of the uttappa evenly.
- After the topping have been added press gently so the toppings are pressed into the batter.
- Add 1 tsp of oil around the uttappa.
- Cover it and let it cook for 1-2 minutes in low flame.
- Flip over on the other side once the uttappa turns golden brown.
- Onion uttapam is ready to be served with chutney of your choice.
- Firstly, finely chop onions in the toppings.
Also, spread the dosa batter slightly thick, else the dosa will break while flipping.
Additionally, cook on low to medium flame to prevent from burning.
Finally, onion uttapam recipe tastes great when served with coconut chutney.