Palak paratha is a healthy and flavorful palak recipe which is prepared from spinach puree and other spices. This green colored Indian flat bread paratha recipe is ideally served with curd / yoghurt and pickle for a full course lunch and dinner.
Palak ParathaCourse: Snacks, BreakfastCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
For Palak Puree:
1 bunch palak leaves / spinach
3 cups water
1 green chilli
2 cup wheat flour
½ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
water as required, to knead dough
½ cup wheat flour, to dust
oil / ghee / for roasting
- Firstly, prepare a dough with palak puree.
- Further pinch a medium sized ball dough, roll and flatten it.
- Also dust with some wheat flour.
- And roll it in a thin circle like chapathi or paratha.
- Now on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute.
- Furthermore, when the base is partly cooked, flip and cook.
- Also brush oil / ghee and press slightly.
- Finally, serve palak paratha with raita and pickle.
- Firstly, skip the green chilli, if you are serving for kids.
Also instead of blanching palak, you can also finely chop and add to dough like made for palak paratha.
Furthermore, palak paratha taste great when roasted with ghee.
Additionally, add coriander leaves for more flavors’.
Finally, to prepare palak paneer paratha, stuff the paneer stuffing into palak paratha.