Palak pulao (spinach rice) is the healthiest vegetable pulao for kids.
Palak PulaoCourse: Main CourseCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 cup basmati rice, cooked
1 tsp ghee / clarified butter
¼ onion, thinly sliced
2 green chilli, slit length wise
1 cup palak leaves / spinach, finely chopped
¼ cup peas, fresh / frozen
salt to taste
- Firstly, in wide pan, take a tsp of ghee. Optionally, you can use oil.
- Add chopped onions and green chilli. Fry till they turn translucent.
- Time to add finely chopped palak leaves and fry for a minute till they shrink and change its colour.
- Once the palak leaves are cooked, add peas and fry till the peas are cooked.
- Finally, add cooked rice and salt to taste.
- Mix well without breaking rice grains. Cook for a minute.
- Finally, serve palak pulao with raita or as it is.
- Alternatively, make a puree of palak and use instead of chopped palak leaves.
Do not overcook the rice as it may turn sticky when you saute.
Furthermore, palak rice is best for kids lunch box.
Also add some cashews to make it more rich.