Paneer fried rice is an easy and simple stir-fried rice made with paneer cubes and choice of veggies. Basically the recipe is an extension to the popular veg fried rice with a topping of marinated paneer cubes. It is an ideal one-pot meal rice recipe for lunch box or even for dinner and can be served with any gravy based curries.
Paneer Fried RiceCourse: Main CourseCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 cup basmati rice, cooked
2 tbsp oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
3 stem spring onions, chopped
½ capsicum, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
5 beans, chopped
1 cup paneer / cottage cheese, crumbled
1-2 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
salt to taste
½ tsp pepper, crushed
- Firstly, saute garlic till it turns slightly golden brown with some oil.
- Further saute chopped onions along with spring onions white. Saute till onions turns translucent.
- Also add chopped vegetables like capsicum, carrot and beans. Saute them till are ¾ cooked and yet crunchy.
- Furthermore, add crumbled paneer. Saute for a minute. Check here for homemade paneer recipe.
- Now add chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and salt. Mix well till its gets combined uniformly.
- Add almost cooked basmati rice. I have added pinch of salt and 1 tsp of oil while cooking rice.
- Also add crushed black pepper after adding cooked rice.
- Furthermore, fry for a few minutes till the rice and vegetables mix well. Make sure you do not add more salt as soya sauce has salt content.
- Lastly, garnish with few chopped spring onions green.
- Finally, serve the paneer fried rice hot plain or with dal tadka or veg manchurian gravy.
- Firstly, add 1 teaspoon oil while cooking rice to make them nonstick and separated.
Additionally, you can skip chilli sauce if you do not like it to be spicy.
Furthermore, basmati rice works great for veg fried rice recipe.
Finally, use veggies of your choice like cabbage, mushroom and bean sprouts.