Pudina raita (mint raita) is a minty flavorful yogurt dip recipe prepared with mint leaves and curd. It is typically served as accompaniment with spicy biryani recipes or pulao recipes to reduce the spice heat.
Pudina Raita (Mint Raita)Course: Main CourseCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Fistful pudina / mint leaves
1 cup thick fresh curd / yogurt, whisked
½ tsp kashmiri chilli powder / mirchi powder
½ tsp roasted cumin powder
Salt to taste
- Firstly, take a fistful of mint / pudina leaves a small blender.
- Furthermore, add 1 tbsp of curd / yogurt. Avoid adding water to prevent raita from turning watery.
- Blend mint to smooth paste. Add extra curd / water if required.
- Transfer the blend pudina paste into a large mixing bowl.
- Further, add thick curd to it.
- Also add chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and salt.
- Give a good mix making sure the spices are mixed well.
- Finally, serve the mint raita or pudina raita along with biryani or pulao.