Egg Omelette Curry is an ideal dish when you are in rush and want something quick yet delicious. This thick-gravy egg preparation can be served with Parathas, Phulkas or steamed Rice. It pairs up perfectly with Biryanis.
Rassa OmeletteCourse: Non Veg, Non Veg Breakfast, Non Veg StarterCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
50 g Onion-finely chopped
2 Green Chilies-finely chopped
2 tbsp Milk
2 tbsp Fresh Coriander leaves-chopped
100 g Onion-sliced
½ Cup Fresh Coriander Leaves
100 g Tomatoes-chopped
40 g grated dry Coconut
3 Green Chilies
8-10 Cloves of Garlic
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
¼ th tsp Asafoetida Powder
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1½ tbsp Red Chili Powder-spicy
1 tsp dry Coriander Powder
1 tsp Garam masala Powder
- Ingredients for masala paste:
Heat a large Pan. Add grated dry coconut. Dry roast until Coconut turns brown in color. Remove it in a plate.
- In the same pan, add 2-3 tbsp Cooking Oil and heat the Oil. Add Ginger and Garlic. Fry until Garlic turns brown in color. Add sliced Onions and fry until Onions become brown in color. Add some Salt for faster browning of Onions. Salt brings out the moisture from the Onions and it becomes evenly brown.
- Onions become brown on medium heat in 8 mins. Now, add Coriander Leaves. Add roasted Coconut and mix well. Remove from heat and allow all the ingredients to cool down before grinding into masala paste.
- Transfer the cooled ingredients into a grinder jar. Add Water and grind into a fine paste. Masala Paste is ready. Use not more than ¾th Cup water while grinding.
- Heat 3 tbsp Oil in a Pan. Add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Asafoetida Powder and Green Chilies (slit and add), some chopped Coriander leaves and mix well. Now add Turmeric Powder and Red Chili Powder. Adding red chili powder directly in Oil gives a deep red color to your gravy. Do not add red chili powder on high heat. Lower the heat before adding.
- Add chopped Tomatoes. Add Salt to fasten the softening process. Reduce the heat and Cook covered. After 3 mins, uncover the lid.
- Add Grounded Masala paste, dry Coriander Powder and Garam Masala Powder. Cook the Masala paste. We have cooked masala paste for 5-6 mins. Oil begins to ooze out from Masala paste.
- We will add Hot water for gravy. We are adding 1½ Cups of water. Consistency of this gravy must be thick. Add Salt to taste. Lower the heat and cook covered.
- Omelette preparation:
- In a large bowl, crack open 4 Eggs. Add Milk, Salt, chopped Onions, Coriander Leaves and Green Chilies. Whisk all the ingredients. Omelette becomes fluffier due to whisking.
- Spread and heat 1 tsp oil on a Pan. We will make 2 Omelette from this mixture. Spread evenly on the Pan. Remove from the Pan after the Omelette is cooked from both sides.
- Adding Omelette to gravy:
- Cut the Omelets into small pieces.
- Add Omelette pieces to gray and well stir them slowly in a thick gravy. Cook covered for 1 min. Uncover after 1 min.
- Omelette pieces have soaked well. Omelette Curry is ready to be served. Switch off the heat and serve hot
- Best part of this dish is that you can make and refrigerate the gravy. While serving make a fresh Omelette, mix and reheat the gravy. That’s it! Your guests will be pleased with this super quick dish.