Instant rava dosa (suji ka dosa) is a popular south Indian crepe recipe made with semolina, rice flour and plain flour. The batter of instant dosa is thin as compared to traditional rice-based dosa batter which yields crisp and flaky dosa. It can be ideally served for any occasions, but generally served for morning breakfast with spicy chutney and veg kurma.
Instant Rava DosaCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
½ cup rava / semolina / suji, coarse
½ cup rice flour, fine
¼ cup maida / plain flour
1 tbsp curd / yogurt
1 tsp salt
4 cup water
1 chilli, finely chopped
1-inch ginger, finely chopped
½ tsp pepper, crushed
1 tsp cumin / jeera
few curry leaves, finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
oil for roasting
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take ½ cup rava, ½ cup rice flour and ¼ cup maida.
- Also add 1 tbsp curd, 1 tsp salt and 2½ cup water.
- Whisk and mix well making sure there are no lumps.
- Further add 1 chilli, 1-inch ginger, ½ tsp pepper, 1 tsp cumin, few curry leaves, 2 tbsp coriander and 1 onion.
- Add 1½ cup water and prepare a watery consistency batter.
- Rest the batter for 20 minutes making sure the rava has absorbed water.
- Mix well making sure the batter is thin watery consistency.
- Now carefully pour the dosa batter over very hot tawa.
- Lower the flame and cook until the dosa turns golden and crisp.
- Finally, fold the dosa and serve rava dosa immediately with tomato chutney or coconut chutney.
- Firstly, prepare a flowing consistency batter else the dosa will not be crisp.
Also, if you are vegan then skip adding curd. However, adding curd gives a nice flavor.
Additionally, you can add dry coconut pieces and cashew pieces into batter.