Sprout salad is a quick and easy healthy salad made with freshly sprouted moong beans with finely chopped herbs and tomatoes. The salad can be perfectly shared as a side to your lunch or dinner meal or can be served as it is.
Sprout SaladCourse: Veg SaladCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 cup moong sprouts
3 cup hot water
½ tsp cumin powder
¼ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
½ tsp aamchur
¼ tsp salt
½ cucumber, chopped
½ tomato, chopped
½ carrot, grated
2 tbsp capsicum, chopped
2 tbsp spring onion, chopped
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
2 tbsp mint / pudina, finely chopped
1 chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp peanuts, roasted & crushed
- Firstly, blanch 1 cup moong sprouts in 3 cup hot water for 5 minutes. You can alternatively boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain off the water. Make sure the moon sprouts are softened a bit yet crunchy.
- Take the blanched moong sprouts into a large mixing bowl.
- Add ½ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp aamchur and ¼ tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure the spices are well combined.
- Further add ½ cucumber, ½ tomato, ½ carrot, 2 tbsp capsicum, 2 tbsp spring onion, 2 tbsp coriander, 2 tbsp mint, 1 chilli and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- Finally, serve moong sprouts salad garnished with 2 tbsp roasted peanuts.