Sukki bhaji is the potato bhaji preparation, which is served in all the Goan restaurants, hotels & cafes. It is served with pav or puri. It can be served for breakfast or as an evening tea time snack.
Sukki Bhaji (Potato Bhaji)Course: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Potatoes – 7 to 8 medium size
Green chilies (chopped) – 2 – 3
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – less than 1/4 tsp
Garam masala – a pinch (optional)
Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 tsp
Vanaspati ghee – 2 to 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook potatoes by adding salt till 3 whistles.
- Let them cool and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hr.
- Cut them into cubes (Not too small or too big).
- Apply salt and turmeric powder to potatoes.
- Heat ghee in a wok, add mustard seeds and close the lid.
- Once mustard seeds splutter, add cumin seeds.
- Add green chilies and garam masala.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Let it remain on low flame for 2-3 min.
- Now, add water as per your requirement and mix well.
- Cook on medium flame till it starts bubbling.
- Add salt if required.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with pav or puri.
- More ghee can be added.