Udupi Rasam Powder is a spicy and aromatic masala powder recipe for rasam which is delicacy to Udupi cuisine.
Udupi Rasam PowderCourse: Main CourseCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 cup coriander seeds
¼ cup cumin seeds
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds / menthe
30 red chilli – Byadagi & kashmiri chilies mix
½ tbsp asafoetida / hing
5-6 curry leaves
3 tsp coconut oil / any oil
- In a deep frying pan add 1 -2 tsp of oil and fry coriander seeds, cumin seeds fenugreek seeds separately and keep aside. Fry till they become golden brown and you start getting the aroma. Do not burn it.
- In the same frying pan, add 1 tsp of oil and add red chilies. Fry them till golden brown. Keep aside once done.
- Now to the same pan add curry leaves and fry them. Do not burn them.
- Bring all the ingredients to room temperature and add them to mixer grinder. Also add hing to the same blender. Grind them to a smooth powder.
- Bring the grounded masala to room temperature.
- Use as required to make rasam recipe.