Veg Manchow soup is a popular soup served in Indian multi-cuisine restaurants. It is a spicy soup. It is best enjoyed during the rainy and winter season.
Veg Manchow SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Button Mushrooms (chopped) – 2 – 3
Carrots (finely diced) – 2 tbsp
Capsicum (finely diced) – 1.5 tbsp
Tomato (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp
Spring onion whites (chopped) – 2
Spring onion greens – 1.5 tbsp
Ginger chopped – 3/4 tsp
Garlic chopped – 1.5 tsp
Green chilly (finely chopped) – 1
Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
Red chili sauce – 1/2 tsp
Green chili sauce – 3/4 tsp
Chilly Vinegar – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Tomato ketchup – 1 tsp (optional)
Pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
Vegetable stock / water – 2.5 to 3 cups
Corn flour – 2 to 2.5 tbsp (make paste by adding little water)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Fried noodles – 1/2 cup
- Heat oil a saucepan or cooking pan.
- Add spring onion whites, ginger, garlic and green chilly.
- Stir fry till onion turns translucent.
- Add carrots and stir fry for a min.
- Add mushrooms and capsicum and stir fry till mushrooms get slightly cooked.
- Add tomatoes and stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add pepper powder, all the sauces and salt to taste.
- Mix well and add stock/water.
- Once it starts boiling add corn flour paste.
- Add chilly vinegar.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and fried noodles.
- Serve hot.
- You may add bamboo shoots or tofu as per your choice.