Vegetable Manchurian is a popular dish served in Indian multi-cuisine restaurants. It can be served with fried rice or noodles.
Vegetable Manchurian GravyCourse: Main Course, AppetizersCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
For the Vegetable Balls:
Cabbage (shredded) – 4 cups
Carrot (grated) – 1 cup
Capsicum (finely diced) – 2 tbsp
Spring onion greens (chopped) – 1/2 cup
Ginger (grated) – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Maida – 6 tbsp
Corn flour – 4 tbsp
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
For the Sauce/ Gravy:
Spring onion whites (chopped) – 2
Spring onion greens (chopped) – 3 tbsp
Onion (chopped) – 1 small
Green chilly (chopped) – 1
Ginger (chopped) – 1 tsp
Garlic cloves (chopped) – 20
Soya sauce – 2 tbsp
Green chili sauce – 1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp (optional)
Pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
Chilly vinegar – 1 tsp
Corn flour – 2.5 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Vegetable stock / water – 3 cups.
Sugar to taste
Salt to taste
- For the Vegetable Balls:
- Combine ingredients numbering 1 to 6 and sprinkle salt over it. Keep it aside for 10 min.
- Combine maida and corn flour with it. If required, you may take more maida and corn flour.
- Mix well and make balls.
- Dep fry on medium flame.
- Keep the balls aside.
- For the Gravy:
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chilies, spring onion whites and onion.
- Stir fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Add half of the spring onion greens and pepper.
- Add corn flour and stir fry for 5 seconds.
- Add all the sauces and water.
- Add chilly vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Stir well and bring it to boil.
- For Serving:
- Add the vegetable balls to the sauce and bring it to boil, just before serving.
- Garnish with remaining spring onion greens and serve hot with fried rice or noodles.