Vegetarian Spring Rolls is basically, an adapted version of the dim sum recipe from South East Asian cuisine.
Vegetable Spring RollCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
For the dough
1.5 cup Maida (200g)
1 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
Water, as required
For the Stuffing
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Chopped Ginger
1 tsp Chopped Garlic
1 Bell pepper
1/2 tsp Soy sauce
2 tsp Chili sauce
1/4 tsp Pepper powder
Salt, as required
- Into a mixing bowl add maida, salt oil and knead well by adding water. Make sure the dough is nice and soft. Cover it with a wet cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil and add ginger, garlic and saute it for a minute. Now add the onions, and the veggies – beans, carrot, capsicum, cabbage and cook for a couple of minutes. Finally add chili sauce, soy sauce, pepper and salt and turn off the heat. Do not cook the veggies for a long time.
- Now after 30 minutes divide the dough into 9 equal portions and roll them into balls. Slightly roll the balls and apply some oil and dust with flour over all the rolled small sheets. Stalk 3 rotis at a time and start rolling as thin as you can. Similarly do with the other 6 rotis (total of 3 batches)
- Heat a tawa over low heat and place the stalked rotis and heat if for 30 seconds on both the sides (until bubble appears).
- Once it is slightly cooled remove the sheets one by one and if you wish you can cut it into square shapes.
- divide the stuffing into 9 portions and keep it at the end and roll it. seal the edges with maida water mixture.
- fry the spring rolls on low – medium heat until it turns golden on all the sides. that’s it our delicious crunchy spring rolls are ready to be enjoyed with ketchup or tamarind chutney.