Instant neer dosa is an ideal south Indian breakfast recipe that can be enjoyed with coconut-based curries, chutney recipes or even popular chicken curry.
Instant Wheat Flour DosaCourse: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
½ cup wheat / atta
½ cup rice flour
2 tbsp rava / semolina / sooji
1 tbsp curd / yogurt
1½ cup water, or as required
½ onion, finely chopped
1-inch ginger, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
2 tbsp curry leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin / jeera
1 tsp salt
oil for roasting
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take ½ cup wheat, ½ cup rice flour, 2 tbsp rava and 1 tbsp curd.
- Add in 1 tbsp curd and 1 cup water.
- Whisk well making sure there are no lumps.
- Further add ½ onion, 1-inch ginger, 1 green chilli, 2 tbsp coriander, 2 tbsp curry leaves, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp salt.
- Also add ½ cup water or as required and prepare a flowing consistency batter like of rava dosa. Else the dosa will not be crisp.
- Rest for 20 minutes or till flour absorbs water.
- Now check for consistency and add more water if required.
- Now carefully pour the dosa batter over hot tawa.
- Sprinkle ½ or 1 tsp of oil from the top.
- Furthermore, let the base turn crispy golden brown. Keep on medium flame to cook.
- Finally, serve instant wheat dosa immediately with coconut chutney.
- Firstly, adding curd is optional, however it enhances the flavor of dosa.
Also, add enough water to get the pouring consistency else your dosa will not be crispy.
Most noteworthy, if your dosa is not crisp or turning very thick, do not worry. Just add half cup of water and give a good mix.
Finally, i recommend you to use cast iron dosa tawa to prepare instant wheat dosa.